Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Name Is Tony, and I Am Not An Alcoholic



I "won" this gift basket at the very last holiday party that was held by my employer while I was still an employee there. That was a few days before Christmas 2008. I lurve Bailey's...and one of them is coffee flavored!! The bottles remain unopened, though I think I hit the chocolates a few times.

Over all, my life pretty much sucks: I'm divorced, childless, basically unemployed and barely making ends meet, and if things continue as they are, I will grow old and die alone. Plenty of excuses to hit the bottle. In the nearly two years since I lost my job, I've gone through a bottle and a half of scotch, a bottle of bourbon, a bottle of rye whiskey, and maybe two or three bottles of red wine. The only other drinking I've done has been at the karaoke parties where, admittedly, I have gotten pretty shitfaced at most of the monthly gatherings. Once. A month. That's not even enough to cause a blip on my medical questionnaire or a lecture from my doctor. Not exactly blotting out my sorrows.



°

No comments:

Post a Comment