Friday, March 18, 2011

Insert Clever Title Here


Most of my work is sent to me through this fancy dealie above. It clicks and beeps, and tells me there's a job being offered to me. When I accept, this screen pops up, with the address where to pick up, number in the party, the destination, sometimes the pickup time and usually the person's name. In this case the "ORD" means O'Hare airport means good $$!



Until about a year ago, the building above was a Blockbuster Video store. Maybe it was two years ago.... Anyway, suddenly a couple weeks ago it looked like it was being torn down, but, alas, they were actually revamping the entire building, apparently switching the main entrance from the north side of the building to the west side, and adding some kind of signage facade. I eagerly await learning what it will be....



Sometimes I just want to cry.



°

2 comments:

  1. I want to cry about gas prices too, and ours aren't that bad - yet. Can't you raise fares to help offset it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. kenju-- I have no control over the fare rates, which are, I believe, regulated by the state.

    I suppose I could rob my passengers, but that wouldn't last very long. The upside is that I wouldn't have to pay rent for my domicile any more... =/

    ReplyDelete