Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sticky Wicket



Arriving home from the grocery store today, I noticed these young men in the parking lot of the office building next to my building. Just like our American image of kids playing stickball in the street, or sandlot baseball, this must be an image repeated all over the rest of the world: a pick-up game of Cricket! These people are likely either Indian or Pakistani, judging by the population of my apartment complex. Cricket is a huge game in those countries as well as England, Australia and certainly dozens more. And from what I learned about Cricket on my visit to Birmingham, UK, last year, if these guys are serious, they'll be playing this game for three more days. (If you click on the photo or download it and magnify it, you can see the ball in the air just to the right of the lid of the brown dumpster.)



°

No comments:

Post a Comment