Thursday, April 7, 2011

BACKDATED: Chick-Fil-A

[Due to the heavy schedule of Bleacher Bums, the taxi job and the many demands on my time (sleep), this blog went into a brief hibernation. While a violation in execution of my vows at the start of this project, I continued to create photographs daily. Well, almost daily. The seams over skipped days will be invisible, let alone unmentioned.]



I first saw this franchise, pronounced "chick fillay" (fillet) on ventures into southeastern Missouri when i was living and working in southern Illinois, and again when I lived and worked in south Georgia, and yet again on my many journeys to The South in the Noughts. Years ago they came up with a brilliant ad campaign with "photos" of cows holding up crudely written, poorly spelled signs that read "Eat Mor Chikin." As I recall, their menu is not vast, but the food is decent enough, as fast food goes: simple chicken sandwiches, waffle fries instead of "french" fries, and brand name soft drinks — Coca-Cola, most likely, as this chain hails from the south. Phlog hopes to track the progress of this, the first restaurant I know of in the Chicago area.

No comments:

Post a Comment