Monday, February 28, 2011

Ice Ice Baby



Yes, that's ICE. My car looked like a glazed taxi donut. Ooh...I'm hungry all of a suddenI

------------------

Out in the suburbs surrounding Chicago there are four different highways owned by the Illinois Tollway Authority. As you might have guessed, these roadways all sport a series of toll plazas where drivers get to pay for the privilege of driving on the tollway system.



Fortunately, to break the monotony of regularly timed payments, the scenery along the tollways is dotted with Oases where a parched passenger can get a belly full of food and non-alcoholic drink; buy some worthless, travel-related trinkets; play some games; buy some expensive, not-necessarily-travel-related doodads; and spend some quality time alone on a modified chair in a small cubicle to work out some uncomfortable issues that may have built up on the long journey...



They all possess an understated air of grandeur, oxymoronic as that may sound.




Each offers a spectacular view...if you're wowed by cars and trucks whizzing by beneath your feet!



Panda Express...the least (I hope) of several evils available
at the Oasis.



°

1 comment:

  1. Well, look who can comment now! I changed my cookie settings and suddenly, I can comment. That plate of food looks good - so I am off to get breakfast!

    ReplyDelete