Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Peace & Calamity


2121 S. Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights, Illinois,
approximately 7:15am.



Almost the exact same spot, 45 minutes later.



The woman driving the maroon Ford(?) wagon was jockeying for a spot in the center turn lane. I could see her difficulty as she maneuvered around other cars also in the turn lane heading in the opposite direction. I saw her turn, and in the corner of my eye I saw traffic coming in her opposite direction. I had barely thought "She's gonna crash," when I heard the van's tires squeal briefly and, BLAMMO! I saw the whole thing happen from the vantage point of the bottom photo.

I ran up and made sure that each driver (the only person in each car, both women) was unhurt, and then I called 911 to report the wreck.

But weren't those li'l duckies CUTE?



°

No comments:

Post a Comment