Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mmmmmm



One of my taxi customers is an elderly woman named Rose. She is diabetic, and she must go regularly for kidney dialysis, and I usually am available to pick her up at 4:00am on her dialysis days.

Rose is of Italian ancestry, though she was born and raised here in the USA. Her advanced age has taken away many of the things she could do, but cooking is not one of them. On her first day back to dialysis after a feasting holiday, Rose always brings me a bit of whatever she made for her family. Christmas dinner was, I'm sure among many other things, mostaccioli. I don't think Rose made the pasta herself, but I know she made the gravy (it's not sauce!) There were also thick chunks of pork meat in there. It was all fabulous!

Tonight was the third and final meal I was able to make of what Rose gave me on December 27th.



°

1 comment: